In this post, I’ll let you know how to import a large sql database to phpMyAdmin by using bigdump file. It was failed couple times because my sql file is huge and I tried couple things that worked. Hope these tips might help some of you.
- Go to phpMyAdmin, drop all tables in the database which you want to upload to, make sure the database is empty.
- Open bigdump.php file in text editor and update the following information.
// Database configuration
$db_server = ”;
$db_name = ”;
$db_username = ”;
$db_password = ”;
***Don’t forget to save the file.
- Create a folder and name it as “dump” and move bigdump.php and yourdatabase.sql files to it.
- Go to the directory of your site in your host file management. Drag the folder “dump” including all files (bigdump & database) to it.
- Run http://www.yourdomain.com/dump/bigdump.php
- Click “Start Import“.
Example: The processing failed.
- Open “bigdump.php” file and change the code line 300 to 800 ($max_query_lines = 300; to $max_query_lines = 800;).
Result: Failed again.
- I went back to bigdump.php file and changed the code 800 to 8000 ($max_query_lines = 800;” to “$max_query_lines = 8000;)
Here is how the screen looked like.
However, it took too long at the end of the processing. So, we could try a number smaller 8000.
- Now, you can go back to phpMyAdmin to make sure all files are uploaded.
- To get the bigdump.php, go to –http://www.hotscripts.com/listing/bigdump/.
(Visited 73 times, 1 visits today)